Funny how the world sees "real women. . ."

Evidenced by all the Real Housewives of. . . shows which seem to be overtaking our televisions, it appears that the world believes we should all be wealthy, pampered, enviable, catty, curvaceous, gorgeous, and more. While we may be gorgeous, most of us are not rich or spoiled or even catty. We are ~ simply put ~ real.

The idea for this blog came after watching a few of those real housewives shows and realizing just how skewed the views of everyday life can be through the eyes of these women. Particularly to those of us in the trenches, working day-in-day-out to take care of ourselves, our children, our parents, our spouses/partners. Those of us who are out there earning a living, who may be dealing with catastrophic events or troubled children or medical issues or partner concerns.

This is a call to all women everywhere who live everyday lives and who want to simply do their best as they love all, laugh often, and live fully. Let us unite with our whole heart and soul, with humanity and grace, with vigor and hope. We are women and we are thankful to be so!



Monday, January 10, 2011

My Monday Hero - Juli

You know, they say that people come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. This week's Monday Hero is my lifetime friend, Juli. Since we were 15 years old, Juli and I have been friends through all that life has thrown at us. She is the friend I can just start right back up with regardless of the number of days or months or years that have passed -- you know who that friend is, we all have them. She was my best friend in high school, my bridesmaid in my twenties, my confidant when things didn't go so well in my forties, and my trusted and devoted best friend forever. Juli has been through excruciating health problems in recent years, yet she loves and laughs and cares more and stronger than ever. With her wit, her intelligence, and her infectious laughter, she exudes a strength which is difficult to emulate. . .yet emulate is what she inspires others to do!


Juli
My Monday Hero
The decades pass, we develop a few wrinkles and lots of road beneath our feet. We recognize what we take with us when we pass on into the eternities and what we leave behind as our legacy. We know that our intellect, our spirits, and our relationships have no bounds; they remain a part of who we are throughout this life and the next. Those people we love and care for will always be. 


Juli ~ you are my heart-friend and my Monday Hero! I love you and appreciate you always! 


1 comment: