Funny how the world sees "real women. . ."

Evidenced by all the Real Housewives of. . . shows which seem to be overtaking our televisions, it appears that the world believes we should all be wealthy, pampered, enviable, catty, curvaceous, gorgeous, and more. While we may be gorgeous, most of us are not rich or spoiled or even catty. We are ~ simply put ~ real.

The idea for this blog came after watching a few of those real housewives shows and realizing just how skewed the views of everyday life can be through the eyes of these women. Particularly to those of us in the trenches, working day-in-day-out to take care of ourselves, our children, our parents, our spouses/partners. Those of us who are out there earning a living, who may be dealing with catastrophic events or troubled children or medical issues or partner concerns.

This is a call to all women everywhere who live everyday lives and who want to simply do their best as they love all, laugh often, and live fully. Let us unite with our whole heart and soul, with humanity and grace, with vigor and hope. We are women and we are thankful to be so!



Monday, April 4, 2011

My Monday Hero - Patty

If you ask me how many Pattys, Patricias, or Pattis I know, I am not sure I could name them all. However, this particular Patty has become quite special to me over the years. A most genuine woman, Patty has been a part of my life for over a decade. 


A very first impression of her was the day I witnessed her gift of a pair of shoes. While the recipient probably did not need new shoes, it was very obviously a gift from Patty's heart, just to say that she cares. From that day forward, my observations and reflections and gratitudes for this awesome friend have only proven to be an example to me of a truly compassionate woman making the greatest difference. 


Free with her compliments, she shares them with sincerity. Hugs come with true giving rather than taking. When asking about someone's well-being, the pure intent behind her words is obvious. Patty is a natural when it comes to giving of herself. Regardless of one's station in life, she loves and cares and is not afraid of saying so. No one is beneath her, no one is ever deemed "unworthy" of the compassion she has to share. We would all do well to emulate Patty's sincerity, her genuine self, her pure love.


Patty, you are my hero ~ you are always there to lend a listening ear and a shoulder when I need it. From the depths of my soul, I salute you and your womanhood! 



No comments:

Post a Comment