Funny how the world sees "real women. . ."

Evidenced by all the Real Housewives of. . . shows which seem to be overtaking our televisions, it appears that the world believes we should all be wealthy, pampered, enviable, catty, curvaceous, gorgeous, and more. While we may be gorgeous, most of us are not rich or spoiled or even catty. We are ~ simply put ~ real.

The idea for this blog came after watching a few of those real housewives shows and realizing just how skewed the views of everyday life can be through the eyes of these women. Particularly to those of us in the trenches, working day-in-day-out to take care of ourselves, our children, our parents, our spouses/partners. Those of us who are out there earning a living, who may be dealing with catastrophic events or troubled children or medical issues or partner concerns.

This is a call to all women everywhere who live everyday lives and who want to simply do their best as they love all, laugh often, and live fully. Let us unite with our whole heart and soul, with humanity and grace, with vigor and hope. We are women and we are thankful to be so!



Monday, June 20, 2011

My Monday Hero - Incredible, Captivating KC!

Not only is she beautiful, but KC has the effervescent, magnetic personality to match. She is one of those women we look at and ~ before we even meet her ~ we wonder:  Is she really as nice as she is gorgeous? And then we are introduced and we discover that she is! Indeed, one year, while living in Alaska, KC was the first runner-up in the Mrs. Alaska contest ~ what an awesome honor!


As a U.S. Coast Guard spouse, KC has the unique opportunity to experience many parts of the country every three to four years, exposing her two terrific children to a variety of people, cultures, cities and towns, foods, and all manner of assorted and diverse life experiences. 


And speaking of her children, they are the epitome of cute! They exhibit the looks and traits of both parents, neatly wrapped in packages of fun and mischievousness (just check out their photo!). Just like their parents.




I realized fully how much KC meant to me when she knocked on my door one day several years ago. She had noticed when she saw me earlier in the day that I was not all that happy; she just came by to see what she could do. 


As that was a very difficult time period, I really was almost unbearable to be around. Yet KC had the internal fortitude to talk with me when most everyone else was happily avoiding me. Not only did she go out of her way to check and see how I was and how she could help, she also was not intimidated by my intensity and the questions I felt I needed to ask her. Rather than shrink away and hope I would soon emerge from my nearly vehement mood (as others had done), KC responded with love and compassion and empathy, letting me know just how important I was to her and that she felt nothing but love for me. 


Truthfully, that was the best thing she could have done, and it certainly softened my heart. This small gesture helped pull me from the depression into which I felt myself spiraling. Further, KC's tenderness and love reaffirmed my faith in humanity and instilled a desire to rid myself of the intense anger I had allowed to govern my life for several weeks. 


KC, you are my hero ~ I hold you in high esteem and I admire the good works you do. You have imprinted yourself on my heart. I will always love you and respect you. You represent womanhood well ~ both publicly and privately ~ and for that I will be forever grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment