Funny how the world sees "real women. . ."

Evidenced by all the Real Housewives of. . . shows which seem to be overtaking our televisions, it appears that the world believes we should all be wealthy, pampered, enviable, catty, curvaceous, gorgeous, and more. While we may be gorgeous, most of us are not rich or spoiled or even catty. We are ~ simply put ~ real.

The idea for this blog came after watching a few of those real housewives shows and realizing just how skewed the views of everyday life can be through the eyes of these women. Particularly to those of us in the trenches, working day-in-day-out to take care of ourselves, our children, our parents, our spouses/partners. Those of us who are out there earning a living, who may be dealing with catastrophic events or troubled children or medical issues or partner concerns.

This is a call to all women everywhere who live everyday lives and who want to simply do their best as they love all, laugh often, and live fully. Let us unite with our whole heart and soul, with humanity and grace, with vigor and hope. We are women and we are thankful to be so!



Monday, June 27, 2011

My Monday Hero ~ Lovely Lori

Although difficult to admit, when I first met Lori I was not exactly sure how I would feel about her. However, I did fully realize that this came from the emotional place I was in at the time; it had absolutely no direct relation to the woman Lori is. Rather, my psyche decided to be judgmental based on where she was from, not who she was. Truly, my bad!


Once I was able to put that aside, I began to realize just what a sensational woman I was finally befriending. Learning that we had much in common, I started to see Lori as not only a colleague but also as a friend. And to me, the word "friend" has the deepest of meanings; I do not use it randomly.


Lori has the empathy of a Christ-like woman. She is no respecter of persons; she treats all who cross her path as she would treat her closest and dearest friend. She recognizes the good in people as a whole and as individuals. The strength she possesses in this manner is beyond what I hope to achieve in this life, yet I hold it as a beacon for becoming.


Through trials and difficulties, Lori remains steadfast, holding her head high, even barreling through with the knowledge that "this too shall pass." With such a daily demeanor, she moves gracefully through one challenge and readily accepts the next, knowing that her character and spirit will only grow stronger.


Lori, you are my hero ~ thank you for teaching me. Thank you for loving me despite my crazy "friend" idiosyncrasies! I respect what you have shown me and I am indebted to you for the support and care you share! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Lori had just moved to Sitka shortly before my mishap on the ice. She didn't really know me, but was one of the first to come by and bring food. But here's the impressive thing: She didn't just drop off food - she came at lunch time when she knew I might be lonely and she came in and ate with me :)

    ReplyDelete