Funny how the world sees "real women. . ."

Evidenced by all the Real Housewives of. . . shows which seem to be overtaking our televisions, it appears that the world believes we should all be wealthy, pampered, enviable, catty, curvaceous, gorgeous, and more. While we may be gorgeous, most of us are not rich or spoiled or even catty. We are ~ simply put ~ real.

The idea for this blog came after watching a few of those real housewives shows and realizing just how skewed the views of everyday life can be through the eyes of these women. Particularly to those of us in the trenches, working day-in-day-out to take care of ourselves, our children, our parents, our spouses/partners. Those of us who are out there earning a living, who may be dealing with catastrophic events or troubled children or medical issues or partner concerns.

This is a call to all women everywhere who live everyday lives and who want to simply do their best as they love all, laugh often, and live fully. Let us unite with our whole heart and soul, with humanity and grace, with vigor and hope. We are women and we are thankful to be so!



Monday, May 16, 2011

My Monday Hero - Nancy!

One absolutely incredible woman who has garnered an immense amount of respect from me over the years is Nancy. With eyes that sparkle and one of the most infectious laughs around, she has the sound character from which life experience grows. Not all who live are able to pull through and exhibit these awesome traits, yet somehow Nancy has done so. 


This is a woman who has raised a family with the love of her life, who has completed the requisite education to develop and maintain a medical career, and a woman who had the wherewithal to secure a seat on her local city assembly . . . just to try and make a difference. Through these ominous experiences, Nancy's love of life and spirituality ~ along with her ability to infuse these traits into her family ~ have made her a woman of depth, a woman of faith, a woman of grace. 


I must say, it is not everyone who is able to recognize the small, telltale signs of the slightest distress in another human being ~ yet I have seen Nancy do this time and again. Indeed, I have been blessed to be the recipient of her genuine care and concern.


Nancy, you are my hero, you are my inspiration, you are my friend. I love you, I appreciate you, I applaud you. And as you prepare to move into your next life fortune, I bid you farewell with tears in my heart for both my loss and your upcoming exciting adventures! Be safe, be well, and know we are all thinking of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment