Funny how the world sees "real women. . ."

Evidenced by all the Real Housewives of. . . shows which seem to be overtaking our televisions, it appears that the world believes we should all be wealthy, pampered, enviable, catty, curvaceous, gorgeous, and more. While we may be gorgeous, most of us are not rich or spoiled or even catty. We are ~ simply put ~ real.

The idea for this blog came after watching a few of those real housewives shows and realizing just how skewed the views of everyday life can be through the eyes of these women. Particularly to those of us in the trenches, working day-in-day-out to take care of ourselves, our children, our parents, our spouses/partners. Those of us who are out there earning a living, who may be dealing with catastrophic events or troubled children or medical issues or partner concerns.

This is a call to all women everywhere who live everyday lives and who want to simply do their best as they love all, laugh often, and live fully. Let us unite with our whole heart and soul, with humanity and grace, with vigor and hope. We are women and we are thankful to be so!



Monday, May 9, 2011

My Monday Hero - Sunni

A little over one year ago I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Sunni, a wonderful young Alaskan woman full of life and vigor and joy! I met her as a co-worker, and was immediately drawn to her naturally sunny disposition ~ begging the question, does the name make the person or is the person named accordingly? In Sunni's case, I can conceive only of her spirited soul coming to this earth with the happiness factor conveniently built in.


Sunni works hard and plays hard. She gives to others without regard to what she may or may not receive in return. Truly a selfless woman, she listens with her heart, she shares in others' happiness, and she hurts with the pains of her friends and loved ones. 


There are few women in this difficult world who are more self-possessed, more exuberant, express more vitality and love for life than I have witnessed in the short time I have known Sunni. She is beautiful, she is caring, she is the epitome of living life for today while still planning for tomorrow ~ indeed, with a wedding in the works Sunni will soon exhibit even more of her easy-to-love-self as she becomes the hopeful and generous bride.


Sunni, I hold you in the highest esteem; I uphold the womanhood you exhibit; I honor your woman-becoming and bride-to-be. You have the world in your hands, and while envying that, I also know this world to be in the absolute best hands possible. You are my hero!





1 comment:

  1. Oh, Camile ~ I miss you so!!! I was looking at the UAS website and thought of you - so here I am - reading through your blog again. This feels like so long ago. But you've made my day - again! Thank you so much for such amazingly kind words.
    <3

    ReplyDelete